Too all hand filers..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried progressives, hated them. Felt like an owl with eyeballs fixed in their sockets, moving my head around trying to see. I've learned to live with the lines. Rick

EDIT: I remember what really irritated me about the progressives...the "sweet spot" was sort of an hourglass shape in the lens, so when I was riding a motorcycle I couldn't just do a side-to-side sweep with my eyes, I had to keep turning my head. Hated that. Maybe they've developed some better lenses these days, that was some years back.

I do progressives and like them in most cases... However my vision isn't that terribly bad, as I can do most stuff without my glasses if I squint a bit. It doesn't bother me to wear them when driving, and for my bike I've got a pair of RAF style goggles (made by Halcyon, the same company that made the originals) that my optician figured out a way to put my long distance single vision prescription into...

About the only thing I have trouble with these days is really fine detail work like fishing out splinters, or reading labels designed by those marketing ungeniuses that think using tiny (under 6 point) light grey print on a low contrast background is the best way to convey technical information... :coolmad:

Gooserider

So... Back to the sharpening thing. Am I the only one using a Dremel with the chain sharpening jig? I got a file setup when I bought the saw seven years ago, wasn't happy with it at all, found the attachment for the Dremel, which I already had, only $10. Works like a dream, in my opinion the chains come out sharp as new or better and hardly takes a few minutes for a 20" chain. Last christmas my brother got me one of those new Lithium-ion battery powered Dremels, now I can take it in the field to touch up on my tailgate as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.