Too good to pass up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
I've been busy cutting wood left behind by a logger on a farm near my house but when a friend asked if I could remove some downed trees, the offer was too good to pass up.

I spent Saturday afternoon working on two trees. The first looks like locust. The second is cherry. Both were off the ground (mostly) with very few branches. I cut 30 rounds from the cherry.

When he asked me if I was done or if I wanted to come back to cut more, I told him that I would be back. When he mentioned that he had about 8 chains that need to be sharpened, I told him that I would be happy to sharpen them for him. His saw is not running and he doesn't enjoy cutting firewood or need it.

IMG_20180203_150713667.jpg IMG_20180203_150643194.jpg

Nice! Just the right size! I was once invited to a friends place in a very rural neighborhood...that was parlayed into cutting dozens and dozens of trees for him and the neighbors...it was a beautiful thing!