Too Much Fuel ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

biglar

Hearth Supporter
I've had my Quadra Fire Santa Fe stove for 10 years now and it's been great. The last few days, however, it seems like the fire pot has been filling about half way with glowing coals while running with more pellets coming down all the time and taking a long time to burn down when set temp is reached. It appears to be safe enuf, but I'm concerned about the amount of fuel it's burning.....and it doesn't seem right. I'm burning a premium grade of Fir pellets. Hasn't been like this before. Any thoughts ?? Thanks.

Sounds plugged up with ash. Not getting enough air. When was the last time it had a leaf blower on it?

I've had my Quadra Fire Santa Fe stove for 10 years now and it's been great. The last few days, however, it seems like the fire pot has been filling about half way with glowing coals while running with more pellets coming down all the time and taking a long time to burn down when set temp is reached. It appears to be safe enuf, but I'm concerned about the amount of fuel it's burning.....and it doesn't seem right. I'm burning a premium grade of Fir pellets. Hasn't been like this before. Any thoughts ?? Thanks.
More than likely an airflow problem. Is it a freestand or insert? When was the last time the exhaust was cleaned and the exhaust blower removed and cleaned? How’s the door gasket?