Took the plunge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynecornhauler

Hearth Supporter
Dec 17, 2009
Mid-Michigan
I just purchased a Hearthstone Tribute and will be having it installed 1/11. A corner installation on a outside wall, ranch home, flat ceiling, 12-4 pitch. Can anyone give me some pointers which I may watch for to ensure a good install, no shortcuts. Thanks

dewayn.....,
Dont know what type hearth you have but i've just bought a second hand system complete, from a friend and the hearth that he paid $400
for was tile over particle board ? Now it was my understanding that in this area you needed more than that to pass............
This hearth that he had bought was junk. No center supports and just particle board. It was failing on him in just over 3 years. Just be sure to have a good look at what you are buying before you sign that check.
rn

At least one thing I do is make sure they perform a draft test. Many posts on this site relate to poor or excessive draft issues, and much advice from those posts includes doing a draft test to determine how much pull the stove is getting. It would be good to know how good (or bad) your draft appears to be (of course, the draft may change day to day depending on conditions, but since the install is mid-Jan, you should have solid idea of draft on a cold day). Knowing this information will likely help you answer some later questions about how your stove is performing. Cheers and good luck - I'm ordering a Mansfield in the next week or too and can't wait to be in your shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.