Tractor Deal!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, sweet deal.

mayhem said:
Too good to be true.

That's my guess, stinks of scam especially with that website link instead of a phone number. Tractor and loader alone should get close to 10 that new with that few hours.

Hard to say, times are tough, and he might owe that much on the machine. It is a great deal if it is real though.

Scam

I'm saving for a similar sized tractor and found a good deal like this. It was a JD3032E with a loader for $6500. The guy missed the "1" meaning he was asking $16,500...

If it sounds too good to be true...

If it sounds too good to be true…

My thoughts exactly. I opted to contact the seller via their CL mai link. Used a spare mail address that I don't mind getting the hell spammed out of it and it doesn't advertise my name.

We'll see where it goes...if its legit and its fully operational, its well worth cleaning out my savings, sell the accessories I don't want and probably get close to break even.

I'll help you out with that snowblower. It would look great on the front of the Ford even if it is safety orange.

Big time scam...

Scam for sure. These guys are all over craigslist.

No replies yet. No upswing in my spam volume either. On the flip side though, the ad's gone so clearly a scam that got pulled down.

I wasn't quick enough to view the ad, but all i can say is BUYER BEWARE !! There are sooooo many scam tractor ads on CL, its ridiculous. Sure, times are tough and there are some people selling belongings that are priced to sell. When something as valuable as a tractor is priced at half, or a third of its street value........ its just too good to be true. The scammers have been paying attention, and are now raising their prices some. It used to be that they would always be below five grand........ but now i see the prices higher. I suspect that the authorities wouldn't persue cases under a certain dollar amount ....... and now that limit has gone up.

You are right to use a secondary email account to contact them. Just be sure you never wire money, even for a deposit. Don't bother with anyone who isn't close enough to take a short drive to go look at the item for sale. And, PLEASE flag ads that look like scams so others don't get fooled into losing money. These ads are absolutely rampant, so there must be alot of people falling for them.

Ductape said:
Just be sure you never wire money, even for a deposit.

+1 and don't even do deposits. I have no problem driving longer distances for a good deal but I always take cash or have my wife paypal once I get there. Not even the sellers demanding a deposit will give you a hard time when you tell them you are bringing cash if they are legit. While it sucks to drive 8 or 9 hours and find something not as advertised, it sucks even more if they have some/all of your money already.

Status
Not open for further replies.