tractor supply didn't have the usual Rocky Mountains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculptor

Sep 22, 2009
central nc
they had a brand called "Hardwood Heat"

I've never heard them mentioned on the boards unless I missed it. Anyone ever use them?

i have burned a couple ton of them this year, seem to have good heat but some clinkers. nothing that caused any problems. burning awf now lots of ash

How you doing sculptor,

I remember form this thread that they are claimrd to be a Hamer made pellet. I haven't tried them but members in this thread were liking them.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/45578/

I still would get the usual 2 bag purchase and try them before you bought a few tons of them. Always better to give them a go 1st. But that multifuel stove of yours is less pellet picky than many other stoves. I would still see how they do as for the Heat factor. just in case.

Let us know how you like them.
jay

i used to get hardwood heat through my local tractor supply (they are carrying lignetics this year, had rocky's last year) , i thought they were a very good pellet burned very similar to my lignetics. i'd recommend them in a heartbeat after the way they burned for me

Status
Not open for further replies.