Tractor Supply Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkins

Minister of Fire
Mar 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I was by my local Tractor Supply today looking for pellets. They had none in the store nor any signs saying they had them or their cost. They were selling bagged coal which is a first for this store. I drove around towards the rear of their lot and saw many, many tons of Freedom Fuel pellets. They were not well protected with many bags being torn open and no covering on most of the tons. Bet they had 100 tons sitting outside. They looked like they may of been leftovers from last year. I didn't go ask about the pellets as I will not buy Freedom Fuel pellets after trying some last year.

Just found it strange that they were not trying to sell any pellets. They also had many tons of bagged coal and a mess of wood, pellet and coal stoves in the store.

Did you ask? If they are leftover from last year, and still not selling, maybe you can find a deal for other forum members that would burn them.
What is the location of the store?

Bill

No, I didn't ask as I wasn't interested in the brand. I tried some, 25 bags, last year and didn't care for them. Not looking to get problem pellets at this stage of my life. My first thought was maybe they are going back to the manufacture since they were not displayed inside the store. Since they opened a few years ago they have always been a player in the pellet market here.

The store is located in Allentown, New Jersey. It not very far off the NJ turnpike.

Status
Not open for further replies.