Trail Cleared with a Cherry at the End.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided today I would clear this trail for the rhino (just some small basswood down) and at the end on the side hill was a nice Cherry tree, attached are some pictures.

All wood was split vertical.

Attachments

• 100_2773.jpg
    100_2773.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_2774.jpg
    100_2774.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_2775.jpg
    100_2775.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_2780.jpg
    100_2780.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_2782.jpg
    100_2782.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_2783.jpg
    100_2783.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_2785.jpg
    100_2785.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 284
hey Zap was this today? Where did all the snow go?

maxed_out said:
hey Zap was this today? Where did all the snow go?

maxed_out, yes it was today

That hill is west facing so it gets plenty of sun and that snow goes first, we still have some on the trails which I was running on today.

The trail was getting real muddy after running on it. I would like to grab that sugar maple this week on Wednesday.

Zap

Zap, I hope you get some of the weather we had today! It was 83 the last time I looked. Makes you sweat after being used to the 30's and 40's.

Man I absolutely love Cherry! Very nice photo's the property looks gorgeous

certified106 said:
Man I absolutely love Cherry! Very nice photo's the property looks gorgeous

certified106 thanks, we like the Cherry to, still have about 12 more Cherry that are down that I plan on getting to before August. We sure were lucky getting the property, two years after we bought it most people still did not realize we owned it. When my neighbor came up with the price and we accepted I walked down the path to his house and gave him three hundred dollars and he wrote up a small contract (note) so we had it on paper then we went to the lawyers.

Zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I hope you get some of the weather we had today! It was 83 the last time I looked. Makes you sweat after being used to the 30's and 40's.

Sav, we had 60 the other day and it felt like 80. This week we will get to 75 Monday or Tuesday.

Zap

Nice shots. Good to finally have some nice weather and get outside more.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Nice shots. Good to finally have some nice weather and get outside more.

Yes it is GAWN, after this week all areas in the woods will be open. Just hope we have a nice spring and summer.

Zap

Hang on Zap. With all the wind we had today, that nice weather should have got to you. Although the temperature was about 57 all day it felt cold. A week ago we'd have really said 57 felt great and would have removed the coats. Oh how quickly things can change.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hang on Zap. With all the wind we had today, that nice weather should have got to you. Although the temperature was about 57 all day it felt cold. A week ago we'd have really said 57 felt great and would have removed the coats. Oh how quickly things can change.

Sav, we had some good wind yesterday so I'll head back in this afternoon looking for more downed or topped off trees.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.