TrailBlazer Inserts question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derf

Hi all newby here, I've tried searching for my answer through google, yahoo, hearth.com Q&A;, as well as stoveparts.com before posting. I'm sure there's a link I've missed but alas I've missed it.
I've owned my current house for about 3 years now, my lower fireplace is a woodburning insert, I love the effeciency and warmth given off by the insert but the blowers are NOISEY and I think need replaced. I have to hit the volume button up 4-5 clicks to get the TV heard easily. My problem is its a TrailBlazer and they've been out of business for some time. Does anyone have a link to a parts seller that has replacement parts, or should I just move this one to the cabin (no TV) and put a pellet insert in its place?
Thanks,
Fred

derf,are the blowers accessible?If so ,try some oil in the motor bearings and clean any accumulated dust from the blower fins......you might just save yourself some money.

Agreed w/ the clean and lube tip as a starter, it may be all you need. If you still are to noisy, try pulling the blower out and taking it to a motor shop or looking in a catalog such as Graingers - 99% of these sorts of motors are "commodity" items that can be replaced with a generic equivalent if you can figure out what it is. Often the motor may even have an OEM tag on it that will give a parts number.

Another option that is pushing the envelope a bit farther, is to look at the way the blower is mounted - would it be possible to relocate the blower to a more soundproof enclosure, and duct it into the insert, or otherwise play with the way it's mounted to see if you can quiet it down?

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.