Trailblazer Part help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

leemack33

Feb 6, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Hi all, newbie here to the thread. I bought a cabin with a trailblazer model 21000/36000. The part in the picture is busted and I'm trying to figure out how to replace it. Does anyone know where I can find this part, or maybe know of a company that could make it? The knob on the left spins freely, so would need it to actually control the air intake into the fireplace. I've been looking for a while and I figured this would be the best place to search.

Thank you!

fireplace.jpg

Check and see if ther is screws on the end of the dial houseing 1 or 2 each. if there is take the Trail Blazer houseing off see what is broke. take some close up pictures if the house comes off. and post back.

Is the knob off the shaft in the picture? This might be as simple as tightening the set screws on the knob if there are any.

This looks like a very simple mechanism. It should be apparent why it is not working. Is there a set screw on the knob?
First thing, clean it out then lubricate the pivot points of the damper blade.