Trailblazer pellet stove parts interchange

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maureen

Oct 15, 2009
oregon
Hi, I'm new here so forgive any faux pas--recently purchased a Trail Blazer Classic Pellet stove by Heating Energy Systems of Oregon. I'm aware they are out of business but couldn't pass up the price for a nearly unused stove. My ( possibly future) concern would be interchangable parts to replace possible breakdowns --auger--circuit board--etc. Any advice ? Sure hope I'm not borrowing trouble.
Thanks

maureen said:
Hi, I'm new here so forgive any faux pas--recently purchased a Trail Blazer Classic Pellet stove by Heating Energy Systems of Oregon. I'm aware they are out of business but couldn't pass up the price for a nearly unused stove. My ( possibly future) concern would be interchangable parts to replace possible breakdowns --auger--circuit board--etc. Any advice ? Sure hope I'm not borrowing trouble. Thanks

Well, I think you took a BIG chance with the stove, but hey, who knows. Anyway, you already identified your biggest problem......parts availability.

Do you have the owners manual? Any idea what year it was made?

Yes,I have the manual. The stove was manufactured August, 2001. The manual has stove part numbers but I assume those only relate to the now extinct manufacturer ?
If I had some idea how to interchange parts I would buy extra parts to keep as the stove works like a charm.
Thanks again

I just tore down my old trailblazer shop heater, and kept the parts for someone that would have a use for them. I don't know if your stove uses the same parts, but if it does you can have them if you don't mind paying shipping.

Rick

Attachments

• IMG00046.jpg
    IMG00046.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG00045.jpg
    IMG00045.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG00047.jpg
    IMG00047.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG00048.jpg
    IMG00048.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,403
  • IMG00049.jpg
    IMG00049.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG00050.jpg
    IMG00050.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 861
Reactions: Darshan
Hey Rap, a question on that ComAir Rotron fan you have in the pics.....that was the fan they used for the room air blower?

I recently saw someone selling those fans to use to send warm (or cool) air between rooms through a wall. How noisy is it?

The fan is quiet, but runs on DC. The Trailblazer only has one fan. It's a positive pressure stove, and can be a little scary to use if you forget and open the door with it powered up.

rap69ri said:
The fan is quiet, but runs on DC. The Trailblazer only has one fan. It's a positive pressure stove, and can be a little scary to use if you forget and open the door with it powered up.

Thanks for the info Rap. That company makes all kinds of fans & blowers, including 120 vac. Was just wondering how those "bat wing" fan blades worked, noise wise. Was think of installing one between my great room where the pellet stove is, and the master bedroom for warm air at night.....obviously need it to be pretty quiet.

www.comairrotron.com/cgi-bin/acfans...diameter;_val=&diameter_unit=in&SortBy=sizeup

macman said:
rap69ri said:

Thanks for the info Rap. That company makes all kinds of fans & blowers, including 120 vac. Was just wondering how those "bat wing" fan blades worked, noise wise. Was think of installing one between my great room where the pellet stove is, and the master bedroom for warm air at night.....obviously need it to be pretty quiet.

www.comairrotron.com/cgi-bin/acfans...diameter;_val=&diameter_unit=in&SortBy=sizeup

There was really no noise from the fan when the stove was running, so if the new ones are like this one you'll be in good shape.

rap69ri said:
I just tore down my old trailblazer shop heater, and kept the parts for someone that would have a use for them. I don't know if your stove uses the same parts, but if it does you can have them if you don't mind paying shipping.

Rick

I would very much like to have the parts for your old Trailblazer as those I can see look the same. I'm not sure I'm handling this reply correctly for this forum so will also reply at forum string. Please advise as how to pay--re; shipping, etc.
THANKS HEAPS----Maureen

Rick
I would very much like to have the parts from your old Trailblazer pellet stove as the parts I can see all look the same. Please advise re; shipping--payment , etc. and THANKS HEAPS
Maureen

Maureen,

I just threw the parts out the other day at the shop. Let me see if the garbage has been picked up yet, if not I'll happily send them to you. I hate to throuw out perfectly good parts.

Rick

Oh, I surely do hope I caught you in the nick of time. Sorry to be so long in reply---been away. Let me know if found or not as they'd sure be a "mind reliever" and Thanks again.
Maureen

I'll find out tonight, and I hope they're still there. With the holiday yesterday there's a decent chance.

Sorry to say Maureen but the garbage was picked up this morning. I feel bad, but there's nothing I can do.

Rick,
Dang !!!! Thanks very much for trying to help. Why did you part out your Trailblazer ? Tell me anything you can about it's quirks---failures---etc ?
Any one else out there with any advice ?
Maureen

Maureen,

I parted it out because I picked up a free Whitfield that made quite a bit more heat. The Trailblazer stove was a little scary at times. It did not like good hardwood pellets. It would literally make moaning noises if I tried to run Barefoot pellets through it, and would occasionally catch the hopper on fire. As a shop heater it was fine because it was never left unattended, but I would never have used it in my home.

Good luck with your Trailblazer, and I hope you find another source for parts.

Rick

rap69ri said:

Rick

What is the startup proceedure for a trailblazer ?

Fan starts easy enough but can't figuire out the auger.

Plastic button missing on start auger button.

You have identical picks of the control panel.

I would throw a dozen or so pellets in the pot, add some gel and light it. I'd wait a couple of minutes close the door and hit the auger button. If your auger button is missing can you stick a toothpick in the hole to start the auger?

rap69ri said:
I would throw a dozen or so pellets in the pot, add some gel and light it. I'd wait a couple of minutes close the door and hit the auger button. If your auger button is missing can you stick a toothpick in the hole to start the auger?

Tried the toothpick ... Nothing.

Stuck a nail in there and an electrical spark and auger started working !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.