Trim on a vista flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjoe1963

Nov 4, 2015
Nova scotia
i have a vista flame 100 , as the days are warming up outside the heat from our stove is getting a bit to much, we are constantly turning the stove off and on through out the day, there is a trim button on the control panel but i am not sure of its function, will this slow the feed rate down . we run the stove on the lowest setting through out the day. i am looking for some way to lower the heat output on the low setting, i have a enviro ef3 dial a flame in the basement and it is great just turn it down to what you want.. is there something i can change to lower heat output.

Try adjusting your auger trim ... page 7 of the manual http://www.vistaflame.ca/Manuals/C-11530 Instruction VF100 Domestic Owner's Manual.pdf

It does have an auto option .... This time of year is always a little difficult to regulate temps. May want to shut one of the stoves down for a portion of the day to help regulate the heat.
not to sound a bit dense but when the manual says numbers one and four, does that mean one light and four lights in a row, right now i have it set at one light on bottom , space and then three lights at top.

not to sound a bit dense but when the manual says numbers one and four, does that mean one light and four lights in a row, right now i have it set at one light on bottom , space and then three lights at top.
Ok I think i have it, i now have the light for low heat setting and four lights on when u push the trim button,

Sorry I left you hanging but glad you found your way ... a manual can truly be your best friend but it depends on the quality of the manual!

Status
Not open for further replies.