enviro maxx too much heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kathee b.

Nov 22, 2023
MA
my house is 80 degrees, how do i turn the heat down on this enviro maxx? combustion trim level is 3, heat level is 1 and feed trim is 1. my house is so hot!! any ideas?

That stove is a heat beast at 60 thousand btu
Suggest you put it on a thermostat. Auto /on/ off
that way you can control the output
In real cold weather, you can use auto Hi/Low
On manual this time of year even at the lowest
setting it will blow you out of a tight smallish house
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: kathee b.
thank you. thinking of just trading it back in!! only a couple months old. house is about 2400 sq ft and it's driving me crazy! miss my 20 year old harman!

I use the same stove in my 2600 sq foot shop and on high heat even on the coldest days will
blow you out of the place. So I use high low on a stat. keeps it comfortable and if the shop
door is open too long it kicks up too high and warms the place back up quickly.
If you are used to a Harman it will take a while to learn the Envrio. Whatever you do I wish you the best

Reactions: kathee b.
I use the same stove in my 2600 sq foot shop and on high heat even on the coldest days will
blow you out of the place. So I use high low on a stat. keeps it comfortable and if the shop
door is open too long it kicks up too high and warms the place back up quickly.
If you are used to a Harman it will take a while to learn the Envrio. Whatever you do I wish you the best
thank you for the information!

See page 15 of your manual