triple wall or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowtime

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2007
northern BC
Whats the scoop? I have been reading about triple wall and even with that there are clearances needed. I always thought the big advantage to triple was no clearance needed. Please confirm that there is no zero clearance pipe out there. Thanks

There is NO zero clearence pipe out there.

Would you really want an insulated metal tube carrying hot combustion gases and potential containing a chimney fire, to be in direct contact with the pieces your house is made of, which, are made of WOOD? haha

triple wall (classA) is designed to keep heat in which you must do to attain and maintain proper draw, it is also in doing so given some pretty close clearances due to this ability. but first and formost, its main function is to hold heat in for drafting purposes. and as stated , there is currently no class A flue pipe that is rated for zero clearance to combustibles , at least none that im aware of.

Take some class A and put a big metal sleeve around it leaving 2" of vented airplace. There I just invented ZC Class A.

Status
Not open for further replies.