Trouble finding auger motor/gearbox, help please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steelman

Feb 7, 2012
east central ohio
I have and old treater pellet furnace. Lower auger motor is bad.
Merkle-Korff Ind.
Model # 3720up-125.
Any help finding a dealer or store would be greatly appreciated. 22 deg. tonight and can't find anyone selling these motors.
Thank you.
Jim.

Thank you for the reply.
I can find many that do not meet the requirements.
Looking for,
115v. 60 hz. .80 amps.
6 RPM.

S3084D
RC34205.
Coil # 100-263.

I have tried a few with numbers that were close and the motors or gear boxes are not interchangable for one reason or another.

Thank you.

Turn the feed rate up a bit.

Reactions: rona
Exactly.....

Has to be a Treager. No 'treaters' exist except at Halloween... The do make nice pellet BBQ's, I have one. Their 'flavored' pellets are insane expensive though.

Sidecar Costco has Traeger pellets, there own custom blend, for 19.99 for a 33lb bag. That's a little more than half price. I have a Traeger also and I'm very happy with it.
Ron

Reactions: SidecarFlip
I'll have Amy check that out. Been getting them at the local ACE hardware, very expensive. Great grill.

They're Traeger Gourmet blend> They come in a nice heavy duty resealable bag. Deliver a light smoke taste.
Ron

Reactions: SidecarFlip
They're Traeger Gourmet blend> They come in a nice heavy duty resealable bag. Deliver a light smoke taste.
Ron
Last spring I trimmed a couple apple trees we have of dead branches and cut them up into small pieces and added them to the pellets for the Trager. Worked pretty well. No point in relegating the apple wood to the burn pile.