Trouble getting combustion blower cover off my P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newf lover

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Eastern CT
It's always given me a little trouble, but this year it's been really tough. I've tried scraping all around thinking there must be a build up or something. I've had it 3 years. I have to tap the latch with a hammer or something to get the latch up. Any tricks or suggestions? It could be me and my arthritis, but I don't think I'm that bad yet! It didn't used to be this bad.

there is a bolt holding that latch in place (9/16"?), loosen it a little, should solve your problem......or, completely remove it, and wire brush the area......could also be a little corrosion back there from the humid summer months.......

A shot of WD40 will free it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.