Trouble in paradise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottahavvitt

Hearth Supporter
Oct 2, 2009
western ma
I have noticed in the last couple of days that my Englander Timberridge 55-TRPEP is making some rather annoying noises.
First problem is a vibration when the auger kicks on. If I put my hand on the rear panel and can feel a vibration and if I put pressure on the panel the vibration subsides somewhat but not completely.
Next problem is with fan noise. The fan is making a noise akin to a bunch of peepers at night (frogs). It is making the noise no matter what setting the fan is operating at.
It has gotten to the point where I can't STAND the noise and have shut the stove down.
I have only burned about 15 bags of pellets over the last 3 weeks and I clean the stove at leasat every other day.
I am also having trouble setting the magic buttons. The factory settings are 1-5-1 and when I try to change the first setting according to the steps outlined by a few people here nothing changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Joe

gottahavvitt said:
I have noticed in the last couple of days that my Englander Timberridge 55-TRPEP is making some rather annoying noises.
First problem is a vibration when the auger kicks on. If I put my hand on the rear panel and can feel a vibration and if I put pressure on the panel the vibration subsides somewhat but not completely.
Next problem is with fan noise. The fan is making a noise akin to a bunch of peepers at night (frogs). It is making the noise no matter what setting the fan is operating at.
It has gotten to the point where I can't STAND the noise and have shut the stove down.
I have only burned about 15 bags of pellets over the last 3 weeks and I clean the stove at leasat every other day.
I am also having trouble setting the magic buttons. The factory settings are 1-5-1 and when I try to change the first setting according to the steps outlined by a few people here nothing changes.

Joe
joe, my fan made the same noise...my stove was new so the motor itself was no good.....englander sent me a new one and problem solved......not sure if this is it but maybe check the fan blades and see if it needs a cleaning.

HEMI said:
gottahavvitt said:

Joe
joe, my fan made the same noise...my stove was new so the motor itself was no good.....englander sent me a new one and problem solved......not sure if this is it but maybe check the fan blades and see if it needs a cleaning.

My stove is brand new also. I just hope it is not a bad sign. It has cost me $8000.00 to build an addition just so I could put in a pellet stove.

Thanks for your reply Hemi

gottahavvitt said:
HEMI said:
gottahavvitt said:

Joe

My stove is brand new also. I just hope it is not a bad sign. It has cost me $8000.00 to build an addition just so I could put in a pellet stove.

Thanks for your reply Hemi
if its new give englander a call.......they will resolve it. I waited only 2 days for the new one so you will get it quick.

New stove, call them. Their tech service has been first rate for me. As for the three magic buttons you will have to experiment alittle. Mine came from the factory set @ 6-4-1. Pellet consumption was excessive. I am now running 4-5-1 and it made a world of difference. Remember the three bottom buttons only effect heat settings 1 & 2. Pellet quality seems to play a big factor on those adjustments.

[quote author="gottahavvitt" date="1259775930"]I have noticed in the last couple of days that my Englander Timberridge 55-TRPEP is making some rather annoying noises.

Joe[/quote
When I changed my bottom buttons I just pushed the button and then pushed the up button and it went to the next number .I did that with the stove running it has been the same since .I think you have the same stove as me . The noise might be carbon on the bottom auger ,I was getting that until I chipped it off .Actually 1-5-1 works good for me .

Excell said:
When I changed my bottom buttons I just pushed the button and then pushed the up button and it went to the next number .I did that with the stove running it has been the same since .I think you have the same stove as me . The noise might be carbon on the bottom auger ,I was getting that until I chipped it off .Actually 1-5-1 works good for me .

Excell, he has the new Evolution pellet stove.....single auger, I think, like my 10-cpm. Auger is a long way from the flames, so i doubt it's a carbon build-up.

As for the settings, 1-5-1 sounds good.....I'd leave it alone unless your getting a poor burn, or the fires going out, etc.

if the auger is "peeping" you may releave that with a little graphite in the auger tube to lub it up , works fantastic on top feeder auger squeaks. as for the blower as the guys above said , contact my office i'll ship you a replacement blower under warranty. im not enamored with a new blower making noise, easy replacement to do and i'll ship it right to your door via UPS

Seeing that I am without my stove and I am feeling cold I thought I would post a picture to make myself and everyone else a little warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.