Troubleshooting a Drolet ECO-65 Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iris51

Dec 13, 2016
long island
Morning all, we have the Drolet ECO-65 Pellet Stove, no issues until yetesterday. I turned the stove on to get the chill out of the air and then realized it wasnt too bad out so I shut stove down. A little bit after I noticed a smell and saw that there was a fog in my kitchen and when I went over to the stove we noticed smoke coming out of the door and hopper it filled my whole house up - the stove was off and I unplugged it and the smoke continued to billow out for quite some time. My husband is a firefighter so when he came home which was about 1 hour later, he opened the door and hopper to see if anything was on fire or what was oing on. There was nothing to see the hopper was almost empty and we can not see any jam what so ever to cause this smoke. Anyone have any idea on to why this might have happened. Thanks

When was the last time the venting cleaned? Is there a screen on both the intake/exhaust piping? We have had forum members who have found birds or small animals in the venting that has caused this. Combustion blower continue to run when you shut it down? How old is the stove?

When was the last time the venting cleaned? Is there a screen on both the intake/exhaust piping? We have had forum members who have found birds or small animals in the venting that has caused this. Combustion blower continue to run when you shut it down? How old is the stove?
It waa cleaned last season. Stove is

Stove was cleaned last season and always cleaned when we empty hopper. It is 5 years old. There is no piping as it takes the air from inside the house im almost positive i heard the blower come on when i shut the stove off but cannot be absolutely sure now

How high is your exhaust pipe outside? Were you running any exhaust fans in the house? bathroom , kitchen? Sounds like the pressure outside the house was greater than pressure inside the house and the remain smouldering pellets were pulling smoke up the hopper. If the flue pipe is too short this could happen, and could be trouble.

I've had this happen to me as well - especially if an error code comes up while I'm not home to reset it.
No error codes at all on stove - does anyone know if there is a way to test the blower to see if it is working? We have left numerous messages on customer service line for stove and gotten no reply so frustrating

No error codes at all on stove - does anyone know if there is a way to test the blower to see if it is working? We have left numerous messages on customer service line for stove and gotten no reply so frustrating

I don't have the book in front of me here at work but it seems to me if you push the AUX & Auger Feed button at the same time, you will be prompted for the test runs. I believe you have to hit Mode, Reset, Aux, Feed, - and + in that order to get all lights lit up and then you can test each component after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.