Troubleshooting Enviro Milan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stephenj148

Oct 23, 2018
Niantic, CT
Good morning everyone. Sorry for the long read, but I'm looking for some answers.

We've been having some difficulty with our Enviro Milan. I bought it used last September. Installed and ran through winter without any issues. Towards the beginning spring I had run out of pellets, so we bought some from the local tractor supply. Inside the bags there was a lot of dust, like the pellets had decomposed. So some dust got into the stove when we added the pellets.

From that point we've had nothing but problems with the stove. It would ignite fine, and then in about 15 minutes or so it would shut down. Instead of working on it at that time I waited until summer so I could pull the stove out and do a full cleaning.

At the end of summer this year, I removed the stove, brought into the garage and started to clean with vacuum and air compressor. I cleaned both the convection and exhaust fans. Installed a new igniter, cleaned the vacuum ports going to the vacuum switch and the rubber hose, scraped the barb on the vacuum switch.

No fix.

I replaced the lo limit sensor with OEM. Still no fix.

I pulled the auger motor thinking maybe it was dirty and needed to be cleaned, it looks like new even the internals. Emptied and vac the hopper again, put some graphite lube on the bushings for the auger. It all runs smoother and quieter but still no fix.

So now, I'm at the point where I'm afraid to order any new electrical parts. I'm running out of options. Is there a chance that I got a bad replacement lo limit switch, or is the vacuum switch bad. Or is the control board going?

We are most likely going to upgrade to a new harman accentra soon. The Enviro is too small for our house (1800 sq. ft.) but i'd like to get this stove back in running shape with hope to sell. It really is a great stove and would do well for someone.

Details on stove:
Earlier model Enviro Milan insert installed in chimney with flex liner to roof (2story house) The board with controls has power switch, and fan adjustment. No options for trim feed. I'm guessing its the 2007-2009 year
New igniter
New lo limit switch
Complete clean recently (by me, not professionally)