Troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megank

Mar 9, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi all new to this forum and I'm just looking for some help. So I have a timberwolf stove that's about 4 years old. Has had regular maintenance and we keep up with it by cleaning the stove about once a week. We recently switched from a soft/hard wood blend to a 100% hardwood pellet and out stove has now started to just turn off on its own. We have tried to turn up the combustion blower and the feed trim and we are still having this problem. I am just wondering of anyone has an suggestions on things I can try or if I should just call someone to come look at it?? Thanks so much to anyone that can help ;)

Hi all new to this forum and I'm just looking for some help. So I have a timberwolf stove that's about 4 years old. Has had regular maintenance and we keep up with it by cleaning the stove about once a week. We recently switched from a soft/hard wood blend to a 100% hardwood pellet and out stove has now started to just turn off on its own. We have tried to turn up the combustion blower and the feed trim and we are still having this problem. I am just wondering of anyone has an suggestions on things I can try or if I should just call someone to come look at it?? Thanks so much to anyone that can help ;)

any error codes?

Have you ever leaf blowered, the exhaust?

How much have you burned since the cleaning? Usually need to clean internal exhaust pathways and venting after every ton burned; your manual says two tons but... Hardwoods generally produce more ash to clog up inner exhaust paths and venting and carbon buildup on the burnpot ... May just need a real good cleaning.

Depending on why it is going out - could be several different issues. Is it getting too hot? Not hot enough? Pellets piling up?
Check the troubleshooting guide in the manual... http://napoleonproducts.com/downloads/timberwolf/fireplaces/manuals/W415-0865_TPSI35.pdf

If you can provide a better description of what is going on, might be able to give more specifics. Let us know... and welcome to the forum:)

People seem to encounter more issues burning hardwood to softwood. I see no advantage to burning hard over soft, and my stove runs much better with it. It may be telling you it doesn't like it :)

An error code is usually shown by a selection of lights on the front panel lighting up when the stove shuts down. Which lights are on will tell you what error was thrown.

Is the main door, ash pan, hopper door closed properly? Perhaps throw in some of the pellets you were using previously to see if it woks.

Don't think that stove has error codes - pretty simple control panel. More info please...

Status
Not open for further replies.