Trueburn Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

countk

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2008
Cape Ann, MA
Just posted on another thread about these pellets, but the Maritime folks are perhaps resting.

At any rate I found these today in Saugus, MA at Northeast Fence.

Other than 2 reviews from up north, I haven't heard much info on these. Anyone else tried these. They are 33lb. bags, but Northeast Fence reduced their price from $295 to $195 a ton. What do you think??

Were not resting but we will be drinking soon once the snow starts again!.

Are these Burn pellets? if so I have tried them, not to bad of a pellet.

Fish On said:
Were not resting but we will be drinking soon once the snow starts again!.

Are these Burn pellets? if so I have tried them, not to bad of a pellet.

The actual name is Trueburn. They are in a 33lb. bag and come from Canada.

These pellets are so hot,your wife shouldn't let you buy them. I set a new high temp on my magnetic heat gauge(750 degrees before I opened the door) just a few minutes ago,but it is also very cold out. The stove is only on a "3" setting. I am getting heat. No trickery so please don't suggest it.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 361
Well in that case, I will have to try a few bags, even at $6.95 a bag for 33lbs. If they are as good as you say, I will have to buy at least a ton at $195.

I have no place to put them, but I will figure something out!!

Just one thing though,and it occurred to me after. This is a fairly new plant, maybe 2 years I'm thinking but since time flies ,it could be three. Regardless,I do recall trying their blend in the early days and could not justify at the time switching to them as they were slightly less hot then the current one I was using.They have reformulated their pellets since then. Having said that,they would both be a premium pellet and very good,compared to the worst we have here which is tolerable. My point is....there is no way to know the age of your pellets. There is no codes on the bags that I am aware of. That could be the only factor. Other then that, there is no hotter pellet in my market yet,and we don't burn sh***y pellets here. Good luck. Buy a couple bags if you can to try first maybe.

Thanks Pete!

Now if it would ever stop snowing here, I will go out and get a few bags.

pete324rocket said:
Just one thing though,and it occurred to me after. This is a fairly new plant, maybe 2 years I'm thinking but since time flies ,it could be three. Regardless,I do recall trying their blend in the early days and could not justify at the time switching to them as they were slightly less hot then the current one I was using.They have reformulated their pellets since then. Having said that,they would both be a premium pellet and very good,compared to the worst we have here which is tolerable. My point is....there is no way to know the age of your pellets. There is no codes on the bags that I am aware of. That could be the only factor. Other then that, there is no hotter pellet in my market yet,and we don't burn sh***y pellets here. Good luck. Buy a couple bags if you can to try first maybe.

I bought 2 bags to try and they were horrible. An incredible amount of fines and lousy heat. The dealer did say he got them in the Spring of 2009. I'm glad I read your post. If yours are great, they definitely made changes.

The dealer said he would refund my money as I only used 1/2 bag. As we all know, try a few bags before you committ to a ton!!

I'm glad that you didn't commit too. New pellet plants have a learning curve and I think once more and more plants are established,there will be well trained people that have the knowledge and will move around to share what they know. Kinda like brewing beer and the brewmaster. I do believe that they make a good product now. Unfortunately, there is still old stock out there.

Same deal with Pennington's Nature's Heat, they were pretty awful a couple years ago from what I had read (the pellet mills were new), but this year's have been really good. Clean burning with plenty of heat, lower ash than Stove Chow in my experience. I still think they're on the fence in terms of % of fines in the bag for a premium rated wood pellet, but fines are easy to deal with if you use a vacuum contraption prior to filling your hopper with the pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.