Trying to choose the perfect stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, me and the friends I talked into helping me lug the Dragon in six months ago :( It's all your faults!

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
Yeah, I'll be doing mid-summer break in fires before long, like I advised another forum member against not long ago:oops: "Do as I say, not as I do"<>

I'm having my annual itch to replace my stove and the fireview still has a lot to offer.

Do you really think they'll figure out a way to allow top venting the fireview? Similar to the collar on the PH? That would make this stove fit my hearth easily.

Lol I have the same disease every summer. I think they are too busy with tweaking the PH before they think about other stove mods. I wish that new Blaze King would come out soon, that may be my next stove.

I asked about that rumor. They said a top vent and ash pan have been discussed, but are not in the works yet.
Looks like I will be ordering a Keystone in the morning. I appreciate all of your advice/help (especially Dennis, Todd and firecracker). I'm sure we will love the new stove. I will be sure to post some pic's of the install.Thanks again.:)

Congrats, I think it's a great choice and I'm looking forward to your install.

I put a deposit down this morning on a refurbed Keystone. They had two refurbed Keystones , a metallic blue and a custom colored mahogany red. Wife thinks the red will fit our decor, if not I will repaint it. They haven't gone through the red one yet, but it should ship by the end of the month. Come on cold weather::-)

Yeah, I'll be doing mid-summer break in fires before long, like I advised another forum member against not long ago:oops: "Do as I say, not as I do"<>

Maybe you can do it mid September so you wont look too crazy...ha Still going to be warm thou...summer doesnt want to let go until the end of October.
What ever happend to the cool weather for the fair?

Maybe you can do it mid September so you wont look too crazy...ha Still going to be warm thou...summer doesnt want to let go until the end of October.
What ever happend to the cool weather for the fair?
It's a refurb so it shouldn't need a true break in. I'll do a couple of small burns before I crank it up, to remove any moisture from the stone.

Got an email from WS today that basically said; We still havn't reached any ownesr in your area, but we have a WS owner in MI that would be happy to talk to you. His name is Dennis and his # is xxxxxxxxx.:rolleyes:
Hmm....I think I know this guy:)
I think he is getting a comission;lol You making a little side $ Dennis? You may be their best salesman!

Refurbed Keystone shipping in the morning. Pics upon arrival. Thanks again for everyones input.

Yeah....the weather has been fantastic, puts me in the mood to kill something (deer, hogs, trees...the new GREEN grass).

Refurbed Keystone shipping in the morning. Pics upon arrival. Thanks again for everyones input.

I came upon this one late...but sounds like you made a great choice. I love the WS stoves, the clearances (especially the sides) killed them for me though. I think you picked a better stove for your situation than the 1750/Endeavor. Not that they aren't good stoves (I have the 1750), but I think cats run better low and slow than tube stoves.

Yeah....the weather has been fantastic, puts me in the mood to kill something (deer, hogs, trees...the new GREEN grass).

I gave up on the hunting thing...too many people out there and I find the hunting at Krogers bags me a lot better food...ha The grass was killed yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.