Trying to repair older Thelin Thompson

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj.williams

Dec 20, 2011
Western Nevada
Trying to repair my pellet stove its very clean and starts up fine. After about 15 minutes of nice clean adjustable burn, I hear a slight click and the machine goes down ( fan & Pellets supply) to the low position and the dial (rheostat) for the fan & pellets has no effect. It will not run high again until it has completely cooled off. It looks like the current parlour model, butt I believe it was built quite a while ago

Any help would be appreciate. Im on my own here. No one will come up to my area to service the machine

Sounds like a upper limit thermal switch is tripping. Have you called Thelin and asked them?

The switch may not be bad, just doing its job. Have you cleaned the room air blower and passages? You might not be moving enough room air through the stove, so it overheats. Just one of many causes of overheating. Also, it may be a generic switch you can get from many sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.