Trying to source a reasonably priced Snap Disc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skydmark1

Jun 29, 2008
Northern NH
Hey all! I have a Travis industries Avalon AGP pellet stove. I need a snap disc for it. The POF switch is wonky and doesn't always work right. I've tested it with a blow dryer and it works about 50% of the time. I think I fried it last year during a period of cold weather where I didn't clean the stove out as often as I should have. Anyway, I digress.

The switch is listed as a Ceramic System Disc 120f NO which I believe means normally open? I've found the avalon switch but it's nearly $40 and I was hoping to source it cheaper than that. Does anyone know of a good place to get parts like this online? I could go to the dealer and might even be able to get it under warranty but if I can get it relatively cheap I'd rather just take care of it myself.

Have you tried Grainger?

That stove is fairly new. You try talking to the dealer about a free replacement?

I bought my proof of fire snap switch from Gaingers for $23. I had to set up an account but once that was done, I'm set for life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.