TSC pellets by the ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OhioBurner©

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 20, 2010
Center of Ohio
I went to TSC to get some pellets they were running a sale on, but they would not give me the 5% full skid discount because they were on sale. I bought them before on sale and can't remember getting screwed out of the extra discount, has anyone had recent experience? Maybe this is usual policy I'm not sure, usually I buy my pellets elsewhere for a little cheaper but with the extra 5% the TSC pellets would be worth while.

I went to TSC to get some pellets they were running a sale on, but they would not give me the 5% full skid discount because they were on sale. I bought them before on sale and can't remember getting screwed out of the extra discount, has anyone had recent experience? Maybe this is usual policy I'm not sure, usually I buy my pellets elsewhere for a little cheaper but with the extra 5% the TSC pellets would be worth while.
Do you like TS pellets?

JR... interesting... I grew up in Belleville (BHCS class of '96) and spend a good chunk of my summers up there still!

Anyhow, just to be clear I was not referring to their normal pellets for home heating, I was going to take advantage of the sale they had on Equine Bedding Pellets (pine). I tried them before and had pretty good results but my stove was having all sorts of problems so I really wanted to try them again but the last couple years I have not noticed them on sale and could get Somerset pellets cheaper. If you haven't heard of using TSC's horse pellets before then review this thread about them https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/tsc-equine-pellet-bedding.139087/

It doesn't really matter now the sale was done after Sunday. I was really unsure about sinking the $$ into a couple tons without burning them first so I did pick up 10 bags to see how this batch burns, and maybe will keep an eye out if they go on sale again. I got to say they burn great in my stove. Would be a great pellet for a cold snap, especially if working long hours and can't clean the stove out everyday since my burn pot stays much cleaner.

As far as their regular pellets IDK. Do they have 'TSC pellets' now? The first couple years I shopped around they were suppose to carry Sets but never had any. They had 2 other brands, one being a known poor performer. The next year they had some other brand from Michigan I hadn't heard of, and never saw again. I think their stock is regional and yours and mine might be different. Heck my buddy at work buys Sets from his TSC (over an hour away from me) where mine has never had them, and his prices are cheaper!

I gave up on TSC after returning nearly half a ton due to water damage. Even Menards keeps their pellets under cover -- if TSC can't do the same they've lost my business permanently.

Lately they've been selling Ozark Hardwood pellets up here -- also "a known poor performer."