Turman or Barefoot pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rschuerholz

Sep 27, 2009
MD
I just picked up a few bags of Turman pellets before I buy a ton. I would like to try Barefoot pellets but there are no dealers near my area. How do the Turmans compare to Barefoot?

I have not burned Barefoots, but I have burned Turmans. My stove loves them. I feel like I'm on pellet stove cleaning vacation. Much less ash than the NEWPs, LGs, and Dry Creeks. I haven't burned them exclusively for a week and then done a cleaning. Unless there is something I'm not seeing yet, i couldn't be happier.

BTU said:
newf lover said:
I have not burned Barefoots, but I have burned Turmans. My stove loves them. I feel like I'm on pellet stove cleaning vacation. Much less ash than the NEWPs, LGs, and Dry Creeks. I haven't burned them exclusively for a week and then done a cleaning. Unless there is something I'm not seeing yet, i couldn't be happier.

I love to hear someone talk about there experience with their stove like this. Truly, this is how everyone should feel about their stoves....and well if not...then do yourself a big favor and change your fuel till you do. Stoves are a big part of your comfort in the colder seasons and it shouldn't be as much work as some of you are putting into this. Whether it's our pellets or my competition doesn't really matter....but everyone really should have this sort of satisfaction and enjoyment from that space heater you have invested in....

Yes, I agree. I read on the forum about so many people that seem like they "must" clean their stove every day. I am all for a squeaky clean stove, for sure, but it gets to the point that that's all some people do. I keep my stove clean, but I also go for many days between cleanings so I can enjoy the fire & heat. I'm burning hardwood CleanFires right now (NEWP), and just cleaned the stove tonight after 8 days without as much as touching anything but the hopper lid. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.