Turmans at $219 a ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1RADGUY

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Just got an email from local dealer selling Turmans for $219 a ton. When I bought last spring, they were $289 a ton. About 2 months ago, they dropped to $249 a ton. I noticed they had an unusually large supply for most of the summer and fall. Kept telling the wife they were overstocked and that price would drop. It has, twice! They need room for their stone/landscape summer business.

Reactions: Peterfield
Just got an email from local dealer selling Turmans for $219 a ton. When I bought last spring, they were $289 a ton. About 2 months ago, they dropped to $249 a ton. I noticed they had an unusually large supply for most of the summer and fall. Kept telling the wife they were overstocked and that price would drop. It has, twice! They need room for their stone/landscape summer business.
where in Pa?
HD here outside phila have been 199.00 ton for past month. Stove chows & Old Roy's...[Nation's choice]

I'm in Waynesboro. It's very south, central PA. Store is LT Rush Stone and Fireplace. I still have a ton and a half left. Debating whether to pull the trigger.

Just got 3 tons of Turman's from local dealer. $215 a ton. LOL!!! He said Turman's was having a customer appreciation sale for the dealer. I told him they couldn't get rid of the pellets they had from winter so there on sale. Then he said, actually the guy told him they had so much sawdust left over from the winter that they had no place else to put it so they dropped there price for now.

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.