TV above pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfun1

Mar 12, 2014
Rochester, NY
Is this setup an issue? I previously had a 32" TV about 2.5 to 3 feet above the pellet stove insert. There didn't seem to be any issue. This new TV is now a 49". I also want to mount a sound bar below the TV about two feet above the pellet stove. It would go right below that little lip sticking out below the middle of the TV. Sound bar would go below the wooden lip rather than directly under the TV since there's no room and it needs to be mounted.

The heat blows towards my feet, which are about 24 inches away from the blower. It gets too hot for my feet so I'll put the couch here instead of recliner. I say this since the heat isn't being directly blown on the electronics but heat rises and it's still close. Average room temperature with the stove on is 75 to 82. Range has been 70 to 85.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-28-23-34-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-28-23-34-19.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 2,063
I have never had an issue. Insert blowing toward my 65" and now a FS Accentra under a wall mounted 65".

55" hung over pellet stove for 10 years now. no issues. toshiba. electronics should be fine, just maintain combustible clearance to the stove per manual. the sound bar is probably a combustible. 2 feet above ought to be more than enough.

55" hung over pellet stove for 10 years now. no issues. toshiba. electronics should be fine, just maintain combustible clearance to the stove per manual. the sound bar is probably a combustible. 2 feet above ought to be more than enough.
How far should I keep the UPS battery backup away from the stove? It's to the left of the TV, and back a little. It's not seen in the picture.

How far should I keep the UPS battery backup away from the stove? It's to the left of the TV, and back a little. It's not seen in the picture.

Your UPS is probably fine where it is. Mine is right behind my stove to the right a bit but there is minimal heat there also on my P68. Same for the other too which is very similar.

Your UPS is probably fine where it is. Mine is right behind my stove to the right a bit but there is minimal heat there also on my P68. Same for the other too which is very similar.
I have a portable thermometer that is on top of the stove. I'll keep an eye on the temperature. Just out of curiosity, what size UPS do you use for your stove, or is it for other electronics?

You'd have bigger heat issues with the TV if it was left in direct sunlight. I don't see any issues with over a fireplace, well above a pellet stove.

I don't like a TV that high myself...but then I'm not sitting in a recliner as you are.

I'm still playing around with the configuration of the living room. If the couch is right in front, I won't have the pellet stove burning my feet like with the recliner, but the viewing angle won't be as good. My living room is just a weird shape so I can't win either way.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.