Twins! Two Ecoteck Elenas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Since we have twin daughters, why not twin stoves;lol Both have the Bordeaux ceramics, and like our twins, are different. One Elena Air and one Elena...

I know the Elenas are no longer being manufactured but we wanted to be able to use our Elena Air ducting option for our upstairs rather than bump up temps with electric heat. Also like the looks instead of the "black box" of many pellet stoves. With the lay-out of our house, ducting was not an option in it's current location in the living room/dining room as it is over the recommended 10'. Finally found another Elena at a price we can live with - a total of 120 hours burn time. As we use the stove for primary heat it is nice knowing we will have a back-up and interchangeable parts.

The seller had an Englander in his spare room and obviously didn't know what he had for heating power in the Elena. The stove was purchased at auction but came without any manual (surprised him when I checked the hours to confirm his story that he only had used it one week). By the time we left, I think he realized that he made a strategic error by getting rid of this stove....

Not sure if it will get installed this winter as we have some remodelling to do on the first floor with only a general idea of placement. Snow and outside temps are working against us too. Practicing patience....

$1700 - ceramics alone are worth over $1000. Most recent price I found on ebay was $2650.

Sounds like you may have gotten a good deal. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.