Two down, two to go

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red oak

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2011
northwest Virginia
Pretty soon I'll be finished cutting wood for this season. Today I brought down 2 red oaks that had been dead awhile, I think the tops are pretty dry. Two more trees in the woods should finish up my wood for 4 years from now. One is dead standing, the other has been blown over. Both should be about 3 loads each for my little Ranger. It'll feel good to get done before the hot weather comes!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Hot weather? Whats that?

Reactions: red oak
Nice work and real good feeling being so far ahead on wood supply - guaranteed to have the best firewood when its time to burn. Also, nice to be able to work at your own pace with no rush. I think I have a lead on getting some trees to drop soon, but won't head out in these temps - been frigid lately - I like to cut when it's in the 20's or so! Cheers!

I'm three years up also, but I can never seem to stop scrounging the good stuff. I seem to always have some Ash, Red Oak or Locust rounds staring at me. That's a good thing though. You know that red oak will sit ten years in the stack.:)

Enjoy your cutting & nice job finishing up before the hot weather. Way to make good use of all of those snow days off from school.

Looking for firewood gets to be a little addicting

red oak, I agree. I do not want to be doing this in the summer months.

Status
Not open for further replies.