Two Types/ ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I have a idea on the birch but just need confirmation, the last two pictures come from the same tree.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0231.jpg
    100_0231.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_0236.jpg
    100_0236.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 390
  • 100_0237.jpg
    100_0237.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 337
That is a Yellow birch, and I think the second one is an aspen, perhaps Bigtooth Aspen.

Wood Duck said:
That is a Yellow birch, and I think the second one is an aspen, perhaps Bigtooth Aspen.

Wood Duck thanks, the wood in the second picture has nothing for weight.

Zap

100% Basswood!

Yeah, I think I like that better. The second one looks more like Basswood. We don't have any Basswood around here, or at least not much, so I don't think of Basswood when I try to ID trees.

Wood Duck said:
Yeah, I think I like that better. The second one looks more like Basswood. We don't have any Basswood around here, or at least not much, so I don't think of Basswood when I try to ID trees.

That's strange my Dad used to buy quite a bit of Basswood from several Penn. sawmills.

Basswood= Guitar blanks.lol

Ya, birch and bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.