Two used stoves to choose from. But which to choose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoman

Aug 23, 2014
Colorado
Hello,
New to the forums here. So far there's a ton of great info! I read reviews of each but wanted to see what others thought when the two we're asked about together? So I obtained two older used wood stoves from deceased family members garage. One is a hearthstone h-II and the other is a tundra fire quadrafire 3100. Both in good working condition. House is about 1000sq ft and plan on stove being primary heat source night and day all winter when I am home. High ceilings if that matters. From specs I have read both similar btu and cu. space for wood inside. Same wood length limits. Both older. But I do like soapstone. Haha. But really would like others opinion on what would be best way to go.
Thanks in advance.

What condition are these stoves in? If the H2 is in God shape, give it a whirl.

What condition are these stoves in? If the H2 is in God shape, give it a whirl.

Hey
Both stoves in good working condition. I'll change the door gaskets before using whichever one. It does rate the btu for the quadrafire a little higher than h2. 44k verse 55k? But not much.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.