Type of chimney cap needed for insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

darktower007

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2018
Chattanooga
In anticipation of my Insert arriving is there a certain type of chimney cap that is required for the insulated SS liner to protrude out of?

Mine looks like this but a lot older.
3246194aaa6a4535b702a2b3bc08b7bf.jpg

My current flue liner length is 24’ and the clay flue opening is 11”.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In anticipation of my Insert arriving is there a certain type of chimney cap that is required for the insulated SS liner to protrude out of?

Mine looks like this but a lot older.
View attachment 235383

My current flue liner length is 24’ and the clay flue opening is 11”.

Thanks!

Use the cap designed for use with your liner system.

Well.. I’m totally unsure of that really. I’ve got a Blaze King Ashford 25 inbound with 6” insulated liner... but I as of yet haven’t read a thing stating: “Chimney capping system model number xxxx must be used.”

The manual doesn’t say much about it and one isn’t included.

Any ideas or links?

Well.. I’m totally unsure of that really. I’ve got a Blaze King Ashford 25 inbound with 6” insulated liner... but I as of yet haven’t read a thing stating: “Chimney capping system model number xxxx must be used.”

The manual doesn’t say much about it and one isn’t included.

Any ideas or links?

I don't know what liner you are using so I have no way of knowing what cap is designed for that system.

Liner Kits typically come with 4 items, Stainless Liner, Connector, (either Tee or Appliance Connector) Top Plate and Rain cap. Depending on where you purchase it from they may give you options on the top plate style and the style of rain cap. There may be an extra charge for some of these options, some look the the one in the picture.