unburned pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffroo

Dec 8, 2016
kingston ny
HELLO, I have a avalon astoria free standing pellet stove bought new in 2010, never a problem till this year. sometimes the burn pot will overflow with unburned pellets, I dump them and start the stove again . it starts an burns fine for a few days then it will do the same thing again. Any one with this problem or any advice????

Internal exhaust pathways and venting cleaned recently? Adjusted restrictor plate? Checked door gaskets by dollar bill test? Dollar or similar paper closed in the door ... if it can be removed fairly easily, time to replace gaskets.

Internal exhaust pathways and venting cleaned recently? Adjusted restrictor plate? Checked door gaskets by dollar bill test? Dollar or similar paper closed in the door ... if it can be removed fairly easily, time to replace gaskets.

Thank you , i will recheck all

Status
Not open for further replies.