1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Understanding my current system

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by trehugr, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trehugr

trehugr New Member

Loc:
    Greenwood, Maine
    I know some of this is very elementary to many of you. I have attached a diagram of my current oil fired system with proposed water storage on the right and BoilerMate indirect DHW to replace the "in furnace" water heater (hate it) on the left side of the furnace.

Can any of you show me where to pipe in the outside wood gasifier to this exsisting system so the oil boiler remains active in the event the wood fire should go out?

Maybe someone can take the jpeg and add to it. Im trying to understand how a system like this will work so I can forge ahead with some real work.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    One possibility would be to plumb it in parallel with the oil boiler - give it a pair of circ pumps just like the oil. Might take some head scratching and a couple of relays to get the control logic figured out, but it would make the two systems independent.

I did a similar approach with mine, except that I have one circ for each boiler and zone valves to control which zones get heat. If you haven't checked it out, I have a schematic on my site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.