unloading ashes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
ejevans22 said:
Backwoods Savage said:
No special tools are required and no special ash container is required. I started dealing with ashes when I was 6 years old and had a problem exactly one time; my firs time. I learned very quickly that ashes can be handled cold, warm or hot without making any cloud of dust. No mess needs to be made at all. I've posted in many other threads on how to do this but the trick is to do everything slow and gentle. That is all that is required.

I was so excited to hear the trick to your life lesson of unloading ashes and then i came upon "slow and gentle." it was almost like reading " be sure to drink your ovaltine."

Almost like Mother telling you to wear clean underwear because you might get into an accident and have to go to the hospital.

. . . Or as Firefighterjake likes to say . . . just wear some underwear because you might get into an accident and Firefighterjake will have to remove your pants and doesn't want to see Mr. Winky. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.