Up date and repair on Harman P68 low burn and Low heat out put ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2011
North east PA
I wanted too up date the repair to my problem that you folks offered help with. So you can store this repair in your brain to add to your vast knowledge of pellet stoves. Too maybe help some one else. I do not get much internet time so I am over do to post to you what the solution was.
After doing every thing I could to fix my stove and double checking things that members offered up as to check. I found nothing wrong. So I cried uncle and called for dealer service to have a look at it.
The teck came out looked it over told me my flame was good and some stove owners would kill for that flame. I told him it was like it did not feed enough pellets to really rock. If my understanding of it is right in stove mode with every thing set on high this stove should burn 8 lbs per hour and a 40 lbs bag should be gone in 5 hours and it is not doing it.
He scratched his head thought about it and agreed with my thinking. He has worked for the stove store doing service calls for 13 years. So he should have a vast knowledge of pellet stoves. He made a phone call then connected his computer to the stove. He then pulled the computer board out made another phone call wrote down a bunch of stuff. He then reset the auger feed parameters for the stove .put it all back together and that thing really came to life. He told me that the board fits different model stoves and it was set for a stove two sizes smaller. He did not know if some one had been playing with it or if it was set wrong at the factory. It is now doing the job just fine. Last week when it was -8 out my 3000 square feet hardware store was toasty warm at 68 degrees with only just the P68 burning no other heat source was on. That is why a wanted that stove.
Thanks to the people who tried to help from this great sight.

Northeast puller.

Interesting stuff. I've got a stove rated for 47k btus that I suspected might have the firmware for a similar, smaller 37k model. The augur feed rates matched the factory setting for the smaller stove, and when I timed how long it took for a bag to burn, it took 8 hrs and not 7 hrs, on its max setting. So, I tweaked my augur feed settings and air settings to give me the output I thought the stove should have. The dealer is looking into it, but I've already made the adjustments.

I forgot to mention there is another P68 owner who isn't getting much more than 3 bags in a day, and can't figure out the problem. It seems like the ESP won't let him burn more as the vent is only a 3", but perhaps there's a firmware problem as your stove suggests.

I wanted too up date the repair to my problem that you folks offered help with. So you can store this repair in your brain to add to your vast knowledge of pellet stoves. Too maybe help some one else. I do not get much internet time so I am over do to post to you what the solution was.
After doing every thing I could to fix my stove and double checking things that members offered up as to check. I found nothing wrong. So I cried uncle and called for dealer service to have a look at it.
The teck came out looked it over told me my flame was good and some stove owners would kill for that flame. I told him it was like it did not feed enough pellets to really rock. If my understanding of it is right in stove mode with every thing set on high this stove should burn 8 lbs per hour and a 40 lbs bag should be gone in 5 hours and it is not doing it.
He scratched his head thought about it and agreed with my thinking. He has worked for the stove store doing service calls for 13 years. So he should have a vast knowledge of pellet stoves. He made a phone call then connected his computer to the stove. He then pulled the computer board out made another phone call wrote down a bunch of stuff. He then reset the auger feed parameters for the stove .put it all back together and that thing really came to life. He told me that the board fits different model stoves and it was set for a stove two sizes smaller. He did not know if some one had been playing with it or if it was set wrong at the factory. It is now doing the job just fine. Last week when it was -8 out my 3000 square feet hardware store was toasty warm at 68 degrees with only just the P68 burning no other heat source was on. That is why a wanted that stove.
Thanks to the people who tried to help from this great sight.

Northeast puller.
Good news glad you got it going the way it should be.

Thanks for the update - could provide a solution to another Harman owner with a similar problem:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.