1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Update on liberty cracks

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by lopiliberty, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    Stopped by my dealer today and her and I both decided the cracks were not a problem as long as it doesn't get bigger. She told me to keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger to call her and she would come and take pictures of it and send it to the company to see what they wanted to do which would mean sending it back to Travis Industries.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    as the cracks connect to the air plenum, i'd want them sealed so all the secondary air is deposited where it's supposed to go....
    I've sent back similar stoves to Travis for re-build on warrantee (avalons)
  3. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    Sure she did. Her interests are not the same as yours. It is in her best interest to not see you agin unless you are buying something.
    BrotherBart likes this.
  4. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    No that is not the case. I have known her for years, family has bought at least 3 stoves that I know of from them. She said we could do it know but since it was so close to the end of the season and she didn't want to leave me with no stove, it's just best to wait. The crack doesn't concern me at all its not big enough to cause problems. I have seen no secondary action coming from it. I kind of thought I would get accused of over firing, but she said she knew that wasn't what caused it
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    It's good that you got it on record. Not sure how it will turn out but I can guarantee you the cracks will not get smaller in that location.