Upgraded stove and the humidity of spring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

James02

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
N.Y.S.
Anybody else get an upgrade to their stove/insert, or new in general and won't be able to burn for at least 6 months....pfft....:confused:

Bummer. I got my insert back in August, then chewed my fingernails for three months. Come October, still warm. I felt like filling it with flowers or little figures, just to ease the tension. Even put some of those little tealight candles in there, just because.
So what upgrade did you get?

My yearly summer stove purchase will take place in about two months. After the first four, the fifth and sixth stove purchases lose their shine and anticipation.

I am looking forward to the stove arriving to my driveway as oppose to the traditional multi-state drive I tend to go on to acquire a stove. So, there's that.

I'm not looking forward to the following:
Disconnecting and moving the Heritage.
Disconnecting and moving the Defiant to the location where the Heritage used to sit.
Moving the 30 NC from outside (once delivered) and into the house to where the Defiant used to be.
Disconnecting and pulling out the Encore to install a block-off plate to the back half of the fireplace.
Lifting and shoving the Encore back in place.

My yearly summer stove purchase will take place in about two months. After the first four, the fifth and sixth stove purchases lose their shine and anticipation.

I am looking forward to the stove arriving to my driveway as oppose to the traditional multi-state drive I tend to go on to acquire a stove. So, there's that.

Disconnecting and moving the Defiant to the location where the Heritage used to sit.
Moving the 30 NC from outside (once delivered) and into the house to where the Defiant used to be.
Disconnecting and pulling out the Encore to install a block-off plate to the back half of the fireplace.

:eek:

Bummer. I got my insert back in August, then chewed my fingernails for three months. Come October, still warm. I felt like filling it with flowers for little figures, just to ease the tension. Even put some of those little tealight candles in there, just because.
So what upgrade did you get?
Got me a PE Summit....was looking for longer burn times...only had a few small fires in it....ugh!

Anybody else get an upgrade to their stove/insert, or new in general and won't be able to burn for at least 6 months....pfft....:confused:

yup got me a "use"/ brand new Oslo F500. just a few weeks ago.

Not to upset about the delay in using it because i need to do some work/save up some $$ in order to get it installed, hearth pad, liner, mantle shield, etc.

Going to be nice to see less of the oil delivery man this coming winter.

We purchased our Fireview in late February or early March. Did not install until September. That did not bother us at all and we still had to wait a few weeks because of a warm fall that year.

Upgraded a few weeks ago, yes I feel the need. Actually snuck in two break in fires during the unusual cold snap between the two heat waves just because. I hated to since the chimney was just sweept but I just . . . just . . couldn't wait.

Wow, that's a lot of stove activity - you must have one of those georgeous (& drafty) Bucks County stone houses??

Wow, that's a lot of stove activity - you must have one of those georgeous (& drafty) Bucks County stone houses??

Emphasis on drafty.

Also, these stone houses aren't known for their open layouts. Even if this place was tighter than a duck's ass, I'd still need at least two stoves. Most of the stove activity was due to a hard and fast learning curve I forced myself to go through to cut down on the astronomical heating costs that were headed my way.

You said a mouthful, BBAR. At over $1000 a tankful, I had to get shed of using oil. I live in a stone house too, albeit a small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.