Used Harman Accentra purchase, self installation, advice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww man sorry. He said he had some that wanted to see it. The filigree ?Are you talking about this in the picture? The stove was ready to go.
View attachment 165347

That's the part. I was able to stick my hand right in there to check the exchanger tubes. Didn't register that it was missing until I was back in the city looking at another.

No need to be sorry...even at $2000 it wasn't the stove for me. People have accused me of being born in the hardware aisle of Spag's. I'm deeply set in the "Outside of 495" mentality. Cheap bastard and all that.

Very nice stove though you purchased. Nice guy too selling it too. I'm happy to see he got close to what he felt it was worth. Super clean, almost scary clean. I brought a friend with me to look at it, he's had an Accentra going on 11 years now ($2300.00 then brand new), with few maintenance issues. After seeing this one he told me he'd sell me his then buy this one to replace it.

Best of luck with it.

Reactions: JimD
Reactions: Peterfield
this one has been on CL for a couple of weeks: http://nh.craigslist.org/app/5272031493.html , bet he would come down on price some. Can get in a nice scenic drive for leaf peeping on the way.

How'd I miss seeing this one? Jaffrey isn't far from where I am. Used to go up to Monadnock Berries in Troy after forcing the children to climb Mt. Monadnock, then over to Kimball Farms.

Pushing out an email now.

Some others out there also in Rhode Island.

Many thanks for the lead.

Reactions: bogieb and JimD
How'd I miss seeing this one? Jaffrey isn't far from where I am. Used to go up to Monadnock Berries in Troy after forcing the children to climb Mt. Monadnock, then over to Kimball Farms.

Pushing out an email now.

Some others out there also in Rhode Island.

Many thanks for the lead.
Hope you get it. And for a good price.

Reactions: womaus
Hope you get it. And for a good price.

Don't you want this one too? For a spare?

I've got a line on another stove, one that I would prefer (not a Harman). Trying to work that out now. A bit of a distance, but might be worth it.

How's the one I let fall off the hook? Has the dog moved yet?

I've got a line on another stove, one that I would prefer (not a Harman). Trying to work that out now. A bit of a distance, but might be worth it.

Hmmm, one for the basement? Ha ha no..that one made me broke, I shut it down last night, I just fired it up again with a full hopper, I should be able to watch it for a good 6 + hours before bed now to see how it does modulating. I didn't want to run it through the night before a good test. Started right up..yep Dog will be back in front of it soon, she used to live in front of the coal stove ha ha ....good luck on the stove hunt :)

Sent you a PM.

Will be looking at another Accentra at noon today.

Then I'll need to get a dog?

Reactions: bogieb
Saw another Accentra today, pretty close to home, turns out it was a bit over twice as old as advertised, and did not complete a test cycle run. Auger not running, not sure if it's seized, motor gone, or not getting power to the motor. Or control board issue. Didn't have a test cord with me to jump it. Was advertised as a fine running, no issues machine.

If I had more experience with these I'd like to grab it and see what it needs, if the price was right.

The search continues.

JimD sent off a link to another, sound promising. Need to figure out how to respond to PMs.

Reactions: JimD
Saw another Accentra today, pretty close to home, turns out it was a bit over twice as old as advertised, and did not complete a test cycle run. Auger not running, not sure if it's seized, motor gone, or not getting power to the motor. Or control board issue. Didn't have a test cord with me to jump it. Was advertised as a fine running, no issues machine.

If I had more experience with these I'd like to grab it and see what it needs, if the price was right.

The search continues.

JimD sent off a link to another, sound promising. Need to figure out how to respond to PMs.
Hopefully it's as advertised.... sometimes yeah Craigslist ads are made to sound better ...good luck [emoji4]

Hopefully it's as advertised.... sometimes yeah Craigslist ads are made to sound better ...good luck [emoji4]

Yeah...that one I responded to up in Hardwick now seems to sound a lot better...damn.

Oh..I just got the PM...bummer on that one

Would be a good stove for someone that knows how to troubleshoot correctly, I'm just not there yet.

The search continues.

Bummer!

Success!!!

Less than a mile from home. Just over 10 years old, but in excellent shape, running order. Comes with the Harman Accentra cast iron floor protector, Harman thru-wall w/ OAK plates, possibly some other items.

Great seller too. He'll be good to have local. He has good advice on very local pellet sources, repair techs if ever needed.

New thread about to be created. I'll have hundreds of questions on cleaning up the outside, installation, best practices on maintenance etc.

To all that provided links to online sales, advice between makes and models, and all else: Thanks. Many thanks.

Reactions: bogieb and JimD
Status
Not open for further replies.