Used Hearthstone soapstone stove price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeediesel

Jan 18, 2007
Long time reader first time poster here at hearth, I happen to see a used Hearthstone soapstone in a local ad and was wondering if $500 was a good deal for a used stove the pic looks like the hearthstone II, says they are moving and need the stove to go, I love my Regency insert and dont have room for a stove but if this stove is a great deal I may have to buy it just because I can't pass it up. Thank for any info, the soap stone stoves sure look nice. Thanks Jon

Pass. That's too much money for too old of a hearthstone stove.

Its nice looking, but it lacks an airwash and isn't a super powerful heater. Of course, that's my humble opinion.

HI,

I had one and bought it for 450. I sold it for 700 after rebuilding it and putting another 150 into it. Not worth the time.

Plus not EPA approved and need 3' clearances on all sides.

Better to spend a little more on a more modern EPA approved stove. Plenty around for between 500 and 1000.

Carpniels

PS. I have seen plenty of hearthstones for sale and people are asking between 800 and 1400 for a H II model. Crazy. But I guess that is why mine sold so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.