Used Laptop for 2 Cords of Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hi all,

Bartered an older spare laptop that I bought on CL for $30 for 2 Cords of wood. So my neighbor knows a guy who sells wood who is in need of a laptop for his daughter and I just happened to have purchased one from Craigslist and restored it. So after purchasing it off of a guy on craigslist and added additional memory I had laying around the house I traded it it to the guy for 2 cords of wood. I was going to sell it to him for 150 bucks but he offered me the 2 cords. He delivered the 1st cord today and the 2nd will be delivered in 2 weeks. I think its a good deal being that I only paid 30 bucks for it.

Attachments

• IMG00232-20101204-1647.jpg
    IMG00232-20101204-1647.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 329
Sounds like you got the best of this deal even though he didn't stack it for you, Randy

Holy cow you made out like a bandit on that deal! I still have my old laptop kickin' around here makes me wonder hmmm lol..

Ray

$30 and some memory for 2 cord delivered. Thats one hell of a deal !

Yes, that is a great deal! Congratulations.

Hi all,

even sweeter of a deal now that i have been burning it overnight. Oh it burns great. I sent him a text and asked him if he remembers what kind of wood it is and how long he split it. Turns out to be cherry, locust, maple all mixed in there. What he calls "Junk wood" since its all pieces less than 18 inches which is what he mainly sells. His daughter is very pleased with the laptop so I guess we both got a good deal.
He will need a phone system installed in his small business so i see another wood barter deal coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.