Used pellet stove for garage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhide371

Dec 13, 2013
NJ
What do you guys think? I'm about 400sq ft plus an open attic. All insulated. After a recent remodel.
a7u2uvav.jpg

Seen some around the list. Other ideas welcome.

Here's one

http://cnj.craigslist.org/app/4346173849.html

Make sure it clears with your insurance company and the local inspecting authority. If all checks out, then go for it .

I have a old early 90's englander stove in my garage. It's a detached garage with just insulated walls and it does a good job taking the chill in weather above 30. Paid 200 for stove and had the pipe.

Hello

Nice to have some heat in the garage when you want to work in there!

I picked up an old used and broken Harman P61 for my garage/workshop real cheap! Then I built a raised hearth and put in some nice Selkirk DT venting and bingo.
It just needed an ignitor, some paint, and a new control panel and a distribution blower! Then I added the the grill and a recessed ash pan door, a new smaller ash pan and a new black fire door!
I just picked up a nickel tile frame cheap and now I just need a nice scenic tile!
A nice little heater cheap!

Attachments

• HarmanP61a-2--Workshop.JPG
    HarmanP61a-2--Workshop.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.