Using existing chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I mistakenly thought the rigid liner would be significantly cheaper but it appears that the HeatFab rigid 304 (which we put in at my BIL's) is now pretty close to the same price as the Homesaver Roundflex 304 that I have here. In that case, I'd go with the flex..you don't have to screw sections together. The cheapest flex I would consider would be a medium-weight liner such as HomeSaver Pro at .006" (not UltraPro.)

Homesaver pro is light wall also the midweight stuff is usually .010

Homesaver pro is light wall also the midweight stuff is usually .010
That makes sense since the heavy duty is .018. The .006 I have lying around seems a little more substantial than the .005 to me, which I assume was on the Buck 91 I bought. That stuff felt almost felt like tinfoil.

Yeah .006 is a little thicker than .005 but it is still constructed pretty much the same. The mid weight is much more substantial.

Reactions: Woody Stover