USSC American Harvest 6039 OAK set up ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Jun 25, 2014
South Michigan
This stove came with the house. I'm currently taking it apart cleaning it out and trying to figure out how it works. It has an outside air intake, but I'm not sure it's hooked up correctly. It seems to just dump cold air right next to the room fan. It looks like there should be a second flex hose running from the outer stove wall to the fire box, but the tube to the fire box is capped off. Does any know if that is how it's supposed to be? I would rather crack a window in a spare room or something rather than dump cold outside air right to the room fan...
I'm thinking of adding a butterfly valve type damper between the house wall and the stove, adding a second flex hose between the outer stove wall and firebox, and removing that cap.
IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0863.JPG

Thanks for the link. I figured that's how it should go, but with the fresh air port right between the manual damper and burn basket it seems like you would loose your damper control...

Bob you are correct. There needs to be an addtional hose run from the outer wall to the "capped" tube behind the firebox. You can either remove the cap totally, or some have just drilled sme holes in the cap and left it on. To limit the flow of air. you will want the unit to pull all it's combustion air from under the burnpot, or as much as possible. I have seen some put a valve on the OAK to control the air as well, the speed of you combustion blower will also dictate the amount of air it will draw through the OAK. Once you get the general idea of the stove let me know and I will help you get to know the controls and adjustments better for that unit.

So far I've just been using the auto settings, but if you have any tips to squeeze out a little extra efficiency by tweaking the settings let me know.
fing32.gif

I just ran my first full bag through the stove, ProPellets, on Hr-1 with everything on auto except I cranked the room fan up to 4 or 5. I figured with the draft fan it shouldn't need the heat in the exhaust pipe for the draft so I might as well try to pull as much heat out of it as I can. It ran for 27.5 hours on 40lbs of pellets. The room air coming out of the vents on the front stayed between 140 and 150::F. I found an area on the manual damper with about a 1/2" of travel where it burns the best. If I keep an eye on the flames and tweak it every once in a while I can coax 150::F out of the room vents If I leave it in a good spot it will maintain 145::F and if it's left in not as good of a spot it maintains 140::F.
I don't know if that is good or not ;lol

The one with the most buttons, I think I've read it's the newer version.

board.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.