USSC KING 5510 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshn569

Oct 20, 2013
mass
got a 2008 5510 for free. wanted to make sure it works before drilling holes in my walls. got it in the living room with intake and exhaust pipe straight out the back through front door.

the draft fan kicks on for a second then off for a few then repeats after the stove is lit and running... im guessing this is normal?

the room fan never seems to come on. It does work when i do the self test feature (off and auger pressed together)

The manual is almost worthless. it says it will only come on when operating temp is reached. i have been running it for a few hours now and it hasn't seem to come on.

how often and how long is room fan supposed to come on? it dosnt matter what i do with the room fan settings, never comes on at 1 - 9 or A.

I also reset the factory settings by pressing up and down aux buttons together.

There is a bunch of other settings that can be adjusted when pressing aux up and draft up together... but manual makes no mention of this. there are also 15 C settings that can be adjusted but i don't know what anything past 5 means. ( i found c1-5 on a different thread)
Does anyone have a link or now what all the different settings are.

most importantly is the room fan.

Normally, there is a proof of fire snap disk switch that completes a circuit to turn on the room blower. Does the manual show a location for this switch? Maybe called low temp. You could test by TEMPORARALLY jumping out the switch and see if the blower comes on.

problem resolved.. the switch you speak of was unplugged from the circuit board. still would like a manual for all the electronic settings.

Glad it is working now. Can't help with a settings manual though.

The room fan will come on once the stove reaches a pre-set temp. ( it can be changed in the c-settings). If the temp. is not reached within a timeout period (also a c setting) they stove will shut down. Alot of adjustments can be made to the stove, however for safety reasons its best not to fool around with it too much. USSC at one time had a manual for troubleshooting that outlined all of the c codes but no longer hands them out for liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.