Value and disassembly of Timberline Double Door Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vloewen

Jul 9, 2023
I have a Timberline Double Door Wood Stove for sale. What is the best venue for selling? How would I value the stove? Can I remove the bricks to make moving it easier?

IMG_4190.jpg IMG_4191.jpg IMG_4194.jpg

The value will be in the eyes of the buyer. It will be higher at the start of cold weather. In Sept-Oct the stove may sell for $300 to the right buyer. Craigslist or eBay is worth a try. Facebook Marketplace is also good for some areas. There is a free classifed forum here too.

You can remove the doors and bricks to reduce weight. Slide a cut piece of plywood under the feet and slip the lip of an appliance dolly under the plywood. Then, ratchet-strap the stove to the dolly. With wheels, it will be much easier to move.