Value of my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Diane511

Apr 6, 2023
Hamden, CT
Hi. I bought a house with a wood burning stove but I have no idea who the manufacturer is or how much it's worth...please help!!
Attaching photos.
Thanks in advance!
Screenshot_20230406_210204_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230406_210229_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230406_210238_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a valuable heater. When you have no heat. No one here would encourage you to sell it. They will encourage you to use it. Unless it is a particularly bad model.

anybody in their right mind these days would look after themselves with alternate heat and power. The grid is fragile. The premise of a "grid" is wrong. Everyone is vulnerable in a "grid".

I don't know what the stove is, or how much it's worth, but you should consider carefully your decision going forward. The stove looks like it's in very good condition. Pictures can be deceiving.

I just looked at the pics again..I'll say good condition, not very good, as it has some broken firebrick (minor to replace) and a burn tube hanging (perhaps a bigger issue).

It is a valuable heater. When you have no heat. No one here would encourage you to sell it. They will encourage you to use it. Unless it is a particularly bad model.

anybody in their right mind these days would look after themselves with alternate heat and power. The grid is fragile. The premise of a "grid" is wrong. Everyone is vulnerable in a "grid".

I don't know what the stove is, or how much it's worth, but you should consider carefully your decision going forward. The stove looks like it's in very good condition. Pictures can be deceiving.

I just looked at the pics again..I'll say good condition, not very good, as it has some broken firebrick (minor to replace) and a burn tube hanging (perhaps a bigger issue).
It is in very good condition...it was rarely used and it works perfectly.
I agree with you about the "grid", but I have very good, economical heat in my home and at the moment, my financial situation warrants the need to sell rather than use it.

Can you post a clear picture of the UL label on the back of the stove?

So now I know it was manufactured in 2006 and the make and model...
Thanks for the help everyone!
don't go away... more folks will (i'm sure) give you more details!

So now I know it was manufactured in 2006 and the make and model...
Thanks for the help everyone!
Yes, I think this was the first year for the Yosemite. It's a nice stove and one of the early cast iron jacketed stoves on the market. The Napoleon 1600C was the other one. I'd have to see inside the firebox for a more complete assessment, but if there are no cracks inside or out, then it's probably worth around $500 as is. The hanging burn tube is a little bit of a concern. Are the others like that or missing? With the innards all in good order, and with a fresh coat of paint the stove could bring in $1000.