Varmebaronen Vedolux 37 Install - Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have tips for mounting to the surface of the tank?

To the tank, both the sensor probes with the meters and the DS18B20 I have made up from the IC's themselves, use HVAC aluminum tape to fix the sensor or the DS18B20 to the tank surface. The tape works well, haven't noticed any coming loose. To pipes, the same think, but also cable ties. In all cases good insulation. My sensors have been installed for at least two years now, not known problems.

Is the SP-335 the same as the SP-334 but packaged with the two DS18B20 sensors? I ask this because the SP-334 internal photo shows an power input and two sensor inputs.

Sawyer said:
Is the SP-335 the same as the SP-334 but packaged with the two DS18B20 sensors? I ask this because the SP-334 internal photo shows an power input and two sensor inputs.

Yes, thats the case. Or at least, thats my understanding... I just ordered a bunch of the SP-334's. I thought about the 335's, but others here told me that the cycling was sorta annoying.

And thanks again to jebatty. That aluminum tape was the ticket for sure! Took care of my temp sensors and my aquastat bulb, now the readings seem much more reliable and closer to what I would expect to see.

Clarkbug said:
Sawyer said:

Yes, thats the case. Or at least, thats my understanding... I just ordered a bunch of the SP-334's. I thought about the 335's, but others here told me that the cycling was sorta annoying.

Glad you pointed out that the cycling is annoying! I had assumed %-P that it had a dual display and it was not necessary to switch.

The dual display and single display are the same meter. The only difference is that the single display is provided with one sensor and the dual display with two sensors. DIP switches on the meters set display for one sensor, for the other sensor, or alternating between the two, as well as F or C. Unless you have a particular use for the extra sensor (I used them for my data logging, independent of the meters), no reason to get the "dual" over the "single," except that I found a couple of sensors were intermittent. Having the extra sensors came in handy.

All that said, buying DS18B20's and wiring up your own sensors is quite easy. A week ago I made up 8 of my own DS18B20's in about an hour. The DS18B20's can be obtained for about a $1.50 each, just the IC with three wire leads.

FYI, the second post has now been updated with pics!

After cleaning the Garn and re-doing some of the closed system in the house I thought I was done with the boiler for a while. After seeing yours, Jim's, and Eliot's posts I do have one more project to make life easier.

Thanks for all the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.