VC 2550 rebuild help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am new to the site. This is great.
I have a VC Encore 2550 and it was missing just a few parts. The andirons, and the throat or hood to the catalytic chamber. I bought the parts and found the upper fireback was warped a little and seemed to prevent me from installing the new hood. I bought a new lower and upper fireback and regasketed them, installed them and I have exactly the same problem with installing the hood.

The pin on the first angle iron sits well. I lift the hood up at 90 degree angle but the right pin is nearly half inch off from reaching the right angle iron. There seems to be no room to work here.

Suggestions?
Dan

Yep, got the same stove. I go thru the same problem every time I have to remove it. It's trickery and has to be just right to fit back in place. Usually takes me about 30 mins. of wrestling with it to fit back in place. I'm fixing to replace the cat and thinking about grinding a little bit off to clear easier. Great stove but maintenance is an ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.